This Supreme Pizza recipe includes our favorite meats, vegetables, and a generous amount of melty cheddar cheese.
It’s a lot of fun to make pizza at home, so why order it? All of the typical toppings found on Supreme Pizza are accessible, and the crust may be made as thin or thick as you choose!
To create the smoothest possible flavor, start with a homemade pizza crust (and pizza sauce!).
Table of ContentsToggle
Supreme Pizza Toppings
The list of toppings for supreme pizza can vary but the following are our favorites:
MEAT – pepperoni, sausage, salami, ham
VEGGIES – red onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and olives.
CHEESE – Mozzarella and parmesan add great flavor don’t be shy, add lots! You can also go for a four-cheese pizza blend (or a bought blend to save time).
More Great Additions
Try any of the following:
- spicy – jalapenos, chili flakes, banana peppers
- fresh – diced tomatoes, basil, fennel
- meaty – ground beef, Canadian bacon (or regular bacon)
Looking to save time? Here are some great shortcuts.
- make big batches of pizza dough and sauce and freeze for pizza night
- use pre-made dough (Italian markets often sell great pizza dough)
- pre-shredded cheese blends are perfect on pizza
How to Make a Supreme Pizza
Homemade pizza has never been so easy! Just read on for a basic overview of the steps!
- Prepare dough and while it is rising, prep ingredients.
- Top pizza with sauce, toppings and of course cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and browned.
Let pizza sit about 10 minutes before slicing and serving, this keeps the cheese from sliding off.
PRO TIP: Before adding the oil to the prepared pizza dough, poke the surface of both crusts with a fork. This is called “docking” and prevents large bubbles from forming on the crust. It’s what professional pizzaiolos do!
How to Store & Reheat Leftover Pizza
- Nothing tastes better than leftover pizza! Even when it’s cold, it’s great for breakfast or a snack the next day!
- Why not put a leftover slice or two in a lunch box to reheat at school or work?
- This quick guide will show you the best way to reheat pizza for crispy, delicious slices every time!
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup pizza sauce or to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- ¼ pound cooked ground sausage or ground beef
- 2 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1 ounce salami sliced, or other deli meat as desired
- ¼ cup bell pepper red or green
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onion sliced
- 2 large mushrooms thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, mix together the yeast, sugar, and water. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes, until bubbles form on top.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together yeast mixture, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt. Add in 3 cups of flour, a cup at a time, mixing after each addition. If the dough seems sticky, add more flour, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until slightly stiff, about 6 minutes.
If time allows, let the dough rise for 1 hour.* If allowing to rise, punch the dough down before the next step.
Lightly grease two pizza pans with oil. Roll out the dough and stretch to fill the pans. Use your fingers to press and stretch as needed.
Let dough rise in pans for 10 minutes. Poke pizza dough with a fork all over.
Brush pizza dough with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and top with pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese as desired.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
How do I make Homemade Supreme Pizza from scratch?
Answer: To make Homemade Supreme Pizza, start by preparing pizza dough or using store-bought dough. Spread pizza sauce on the dough, add shredded mozzarella cheese, and top with a variety of ingredients like pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
Can I customize the toppings on a Homemade Supreme Pizza?
Absolutely! One of the great things about Homemade Supreme Pizza is its versatility. You can customize the toppings to suit your preferences. Common toppings include a mix of meats (like pepperoni, sausage, and ham) and a variety of vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms).
What type of cheese works best for Homemade Supreme Pizza?
Mozzarella cheese is a classic choice for Homemade Supreme Pizza due to its gooey and melty texture. You can use part-skim or whole milk mozzarella, or even blend it with other cheeses like provolone or cheddar for added flavor.
Should I pre-cook any toppings for Supreme Pizza?
It’s not necessary to pre-cook most toppings for Supreme Pizza. However, if you prefer a particular topping to be more well-cooked (such as sausage or certain vegetables), you can sauté or cook them slightly before adding them to the pizza.
How can I achieve a crispy crust on my Homemade Supreme Pizza?
To achieve a crispy crust, preheat your oven to a high temperature (around 475°F or 245°C). Use a pizza stone or place the pizza directly on a preheated baking sheet. Bake in the lower part of the oven for a crisper crust. Also, make sure not to overload the pizza with too many toppings, as this can make the crust soggy.