These delicious mango habanero wings have a tangy, spicy kick! Chicken wings are baked or air-fried before being glazed with a sweet, spicy, and sticky mango habanero sauce. Everyone will enjoy these delicious heat-packing wings on game day, movie night, or any other occasion!
Mango Habanero Wings
We eat wings on the regular, and these ones definitely top our list. With this mango habanero chicken wings recipe, you can make them at home, too!
- This easy recipe offers two foolproof ways to make them!
- Use our homemade mango habanero sauce, or buy Buffalo Wild Wings sauce here.
- Versatile recipe! Keep these citrusy, spicy party wings in a crockpot for easy access on game day! Make extra sauce and toss it with some juicy meatballs!
Ingredients for Mango Habanero Wings
Chicken: Split wings that have been separated into flats and drumettes are preferred. Frozen chicken should be thawed before use to ensure it cooks properly.
Mango Habanero Sauce: Homemade sauce is easy to make with a blender using habanero peppers and fresh or frozen mango. You can also purchase bottled sauce at most grocery stores.
If you find it too hot, add more honey for a sweeter sauce and a tamer taste! Mango nectar (in a can) is another great way to tame the heat and add a little more citrus to the sauce.
Variations: No honey? Whisk in maple syrup or brown sugar. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or parsley over the wings before serving.
How to Make Mango Habanero Wings
Chicken wings are oven-baked or air-fried and then tossed in a sweet, spicy, and sticky mango habanero sauce.
- Pat the wings dry and season them (as per the recipe below).
- Cook the wings in the air fryer or oven.
- Toss with the sauce and cook a few minutes longer.
Tips & Tricks
- If air-frying wings, place parchment paper in the air fryer before Step 6. This prevents the sauce from dripping and burning at the bottom of the air fryer and makes clean-up a snap!
- For an extra sticky glaze, thicken the sauce by bringing it to a boil in a small saucepan and then reduce the heat to a low simmer until thickened as desired. It may still be very hot when tossing the wings in, so be careful.
- Keep leftover mango habanero chicken wings in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the wings in the microwave or the air fryer.